A beautiful Volunteer House awaits your arrival in Cape Town! We have invested a lot of time in creating a warm and welcoming environment for you to relax and enjoy your volunteering time in Cape Town. Facilities at the Aviva House include:
- A full-time Volunteer Coordinator (Mon-Fri 7am-3pm), who is also available for emergencies during evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Separate male and female dormitory accommodation - spacious with good quality mattresses, bedding and linen provided.
- A Twin Room is available at extra cost. Please ask about availability when booking your placement.
- A Double Room is available at extra cost. Please ask about availability when booking your placement.
- Full kitchen facilities - oven, fridges, microwave, toaster, kettle and everything else you need for preparing meals.
- Separate cooking utensils for vegan, Muslim and Kosher cooking.
- Milk, tea, coffee and sugar are provided.
- A telephone for incoming calls is available during "office" hours.
- Comfortable lounge with a hi-fi, satellite TV and DVD player.
- A lockable cupboard for your valuables and groceries.
- Shower and toilet facilities.
- Premises are cleaned and inspected daily (Mon-Fri)
- A large private garden for entertainment/relaxation, complete with breakfast tables, a built in braai (a South African style BBQ) and a large pool.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Extra storage cupboards for luggage and personal items.
- AVIVA House is safe and secure with electrical fencing and a magnetic lock on the entrance gate.
- South African cell/mobile phones are available for your use or a South African sim card.
- You will receive a MyCiti Bus Card on arrival for R50-00 loaded for immediate use.
Why choose AVIVA Volunteer House for your volunteering experience in Cape Town?
- On your doorstep you have a Sushi Chinese restaurant/café and a MyCiti Bus Station.
- Within 600m you have Time-Out Bar, a Liquor Outlet, a Launderette, Pizza Palazzo and a Pharmacy.
- Within 1,2km you have Bayside Shopping Mall, McDonalds, Post Office, Foreign Exchange, Banks and Table View Medical Centre.
- Within 1,4km you have Table View Mall, Pick 'n Pay Supermarket and Burger King
Because every one of our volunteers are very important to us, we've ensured you have a safe and secure home away from home for those who are working at Cape Town based projects or taking time-out from projects further afield.
A full-time Volunteer Coordinator is on hand to assist you during your stay with us. So whether you want to book a shark cage dive, need advice on a good restaurant, or would like to just speak to someone because you're feeling homesick, our dedicated Volunteer Coordinator will be there to help you throughout your stay.