A beautiful Volunteer House awaits your arrival in Cape Town! We have invested a lot of time in creating a warm and welcoming environment for you to relax and enjoy your volunteering time in Cape Town. Facilities at the Aviva House include:
- A full-time Volunteer Coordinator (Mon-Fri 7am-3pm), who is also available for emergencies during evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Separate male and female dormitory accommodation - spacious with good quality mattresses, bedding and linen provided.
- A Twin Room is available at extra cost. Please ask about availability when booking your placement.
- A Double Room is available at extra cost. Please ask about availability when booking your placement.
- Full kitchen facilities - oven, fridges, microwave, toaster, kettle and everything else you need for preparing meals.
- Separate cooking utensils for vegan, Muslim and Kosher cooking.
- Milk, tea, coffee and sugar are provided.
- A telephone for incoming calls is available during "office" hours.
- Comfortable lounge with a hi-fi, satellite TV and DVD player.
- A lockable cupboard for your valuables and groceries.
- Shower and toilet facilities.
- Premises are cleaned and inspected daily (Mon-Fri)
- A large private garden for entertainment/relaxation, complete with breakfast tables, a built in braai (a South African style BBQ) and a large pool.
- Wi-Fi at a very reasonable cost and a computer are available for you to access the Internet. You can also logon to the Internet if you bring a Wi-Fi enabled laptop.
- Extra storage cupboards for luggage and personal items.
- AVIVA House is safe and secure with electrical fencing and a magnetic lock on the entrance gate.
- South African cell/mobile phones are available for your use or a South African sim card.
- You will receive a MyCiti Bus Card on arrival for R50-00 loaded for immediate use.
Why choose AVIVA Volunteer House for your volunteering experience in Cape Town?
- On your doorstep you have a Sushi Chinese restaurant/café and a MyCiti Bus Station.
- Within 600m you have Time-Out Bar, a Liquor Outlet, a Launderette, Pizza Palazzo and a Pharmacy.
- Within 1,2km you have Bayside Shopping Mall, McDonalds, Post Office, Foreign Exchange, Banks and Table View Medical Centre.
- Within 1,4km you have Table View Mall, Pick 'n Pay Supermarket and Burger King
Because every one of our volunteers are very important to us, we've ensured you have a safe and secure home away from home for those who are working at Cape Town based projects or taking time-out from projects further afield.
A full-time Volunteer Coordinator is on hand to assist you during your stay with us. So whether you want to book a shark cage dive, need advice on a good restaurant, or would like to just speak to someone because you're feeling homesick, our dedicated Volunteer Coordinator will be there to help you throughout your stay.
You can view photos of AVIVA House here: