Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat facilities are available at AVIVA accommodation?
AVIVA House in Table View (a suburb of Cape Town) provides a safe, secure home from home for volunteers who are working at local projects or taking time-out from projects further afield to explore Cape Town and the Western Cape.
AVIVA House is close to the main bus route and good value taxi services are also available for access to the centre of Cape Town. In Table View you will find a wide range of shops and restaurants, and of course, some great beaches with scenic views of Table Mountain and Cape Town across the bay.
With great shopping facilities and a wide variety of restaurants, cafes and bars, Table View is a popular destination for locals throughout Cape Town.
A laundrette offering a drop-off and collect service is only 5 minutes walk from AVIVA House. Laundry is charged at approx R50 per 5kg load, and includes washing, powder, dry and fold.
AVIVA House is comfortably furnished with all the facilities you might expect to help make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
- A full-time Volunteer Coordinator (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm), who is also available for emergencies during evenings, weekends and Public Holidays.
- Separate Male and Female dormitory accommodation - spacious with good quality mattresses, bedding and linen provided. A Twin Room is also available at extra cost, please ask about availability.
- Full kitchen facilities - Oven, fridges, microwave, toaster, kettle and everything you need for preparing meals.
- Milk, tea, coffee and sugar are provided.
- A telephone for incoming calls.
- Comfortable lounge with a Hi-Fi, Satellite TV and DVD.
- A lockable cupboard for your valuables and groceries.
- Shower and toilet facilities.
- Premises are cleaned and inspected daily (Mon-Fri)
- A large private garden for entertainment/relaxation complete with breakfast tables, a built in braai (A South African style BBQ) and a large pool.
- A Wi-Fi Hotspot and computer are available for you to access the Internet at very cheap rates (approx 40c per Mb). You can also logon to the Internet if you bring a Wi-Fi enabled laptop.
- Extra storage cupboards for luggage and personal items.
- AVIVA House is safe and secure with electrical fencing and a magnetic lock on the entrance gate.
- You will be issued with a coded magnet key to allow you to come and go 24 hours a day.
You can view photos of AVIVA House here: