Frequently Asked QuestionsHow will I get to my volunteer project?
If you are joining any of the following projects, we will have someone to meet you at the airport when you arrive - your arrival airport is indicated in brackets below. Escorted transfers to and from your accommodation and your project are also included, so you do not need to worry about finding your way around.
- African Penguin & Seabird Conservation (Cape Town Airport)
- Baphumelele Children's Home (Cape Town Airport)
- Elephants, Horses & Safari Working Holiday (Cape Town Airport)
- Great White Shark Conservation (Cape Town Airport)
- Masigcine Children's Home (Cape Town Airport)
- Nazareth House - Child Care (Cape Town Airport)
The pick-up points for the following projects are not close to an international airport - the pick-up point for each project is indicated in brackets below. We can provide you with all the information you need to book travel to your project pick-up point yourself, or you can add our optional Johannesburg Arrival Package and we will arrange everything for you:
The optional Johannesburg Arrival Package includes everything below. You can add this option when you apply for a project using our online booking form, or you can ask us to add it for you at a later date:
- Johannesburg Airport transfers - When you land, there will be someone to meet you and escort you to your overnight accommodation.
- Overnight accommodation in Johannesburg, before your project.
- Any domestic flights, coaches or other transfers required to get you to and from your project.
Please refer to individual information sheets for details of travel arrangements included with each project, course or tour. These are available to download from each project page on our web site.
If you need assistance with other travel plans before, between or after any of your placements, we can help you with recommendations and bookings for accommodation, domestic flights, overland tours and much more, please just ask.